Wednesday, October 4, 2023

 COLORADO - DAY 14 - OCTOBER 4, 2013

We were up and out early today as we're anxious to get back on the road.

Did I hear someone ask for going down the road pics?  Well, let me show you some!




We knew we were heading north when we saw this.


As we were going down the road we couldn't help but notice this area where so many were pulled over and they were all taking pictures.  Walt asked if I wanted to pull over and I answered with an enthusiastic YES!  I'm so glad we did.



Of course I always ask others if they want me to take their pictures and in return we always get our taken.


The fall colors just blew us away.  It reminded us our trip to New Hampshire 3 years ago when we were there for peak leaf viewing.






It was like these trees were on fire!


And then around the next corner the colors were so incredibly different.


We're mountain climbing now...


We were just down on the road below.


We started looking for a place to call home for the night and found this wonderful state park to stay in.  It was right off the road we were traveling, a gas station was just outside of the park and the view was great!  Little did I know that I was going to HATE being in this valley surrounded by stone walls.  I haven't been able to upload anything due to a weak internet signal for a couple of days now and tonight was going to be no different.  We couldn't even get a radio signal.  We are so glad we had the forethought to pack games!

State park fees sure have gone up since I started camping back in the early 90's.  The fee for this park was $46.

I've given up keeping track of every penny spent.  It's too depressing when you have to fill the gas tank and pay camping fees.  I know what we started with so I'll figure it out when we get back to Juniper Ridge.

Our view from our camping spot.





After getting set up we took Abby for a long walk around the park.  So many new smells for her and she made sure she smelled EVERYTHING!  Trust me, it was long walk.

After dinner, we played games, talked about our next adventure and turned in early so we could get an early start.  We have a five hour drive tomorrow and its all uphill.

No comments:

Post a Comment