Sunday, September 24, 2023

 UTAH - DAY 3 - 9.23.23

On every parade vacation, rain must fall.  Today was our day of rain.  We woke up to a gloomy, dreary day which certainly didn't make us jump out of bed ready to face the day!  When we finally did get around to making plans for gettin' our butts in gear the rain started.  It's one day according to the local weatherman so we decided to just hang out and not try to sightsee through the raindrops.  After all, we are on no timeline, we have all the time in the world.

Later in the afternoon we did venture out as Walt wanted mushrooms for the steak he was going to eat for dinner.  Walt eats mushrooms, I know how their grown.  After all, I grew up just 15 miles from Kennett Square, PA, the mushroom capital of the world.  I've been to Kennett Square during the dog days of August where you could SMELL the town long before you crossed the PA state line.   Nope, not eatin' mushrooms!

So it was back to Honey's Supermarket for a jar of mushrooms, SOS pads, a nail file and small can of tomato paste.  I packed tomato paste for the sloppy joes we'll have in the next day or two but I'll be darned if I can find them now.  Walt also bought a beanie cap with a built-in headlight and we got a new toaster since ours bit the dust.    Since we are keeping track of every penny we spend on this trip (we'll see how many days this last) Honey's has gotten us $52.75 between the two trip there.  

Before we headed home we filled our bottomless pit of a gas tank.  That was another $68.00.  Gas is $4.34 a gallon here and diesel is coming in at an outrageous $5.08 a gallon!  (This pic was taken day before when the sky was a pretty blue and didn't have any water falling from it!)


So we decided to take a ride around town and stop at the visitor's center again.  When on vacation one can't have too many brochure's you know.


Here's the local movie house.  It must specialize in old movies.


Now you really didn't think you'd get through a blog post of mine without a scenery picture did you?  Not a chance!


Back at home, our steak dinners eaten with gusto, we settled in for some DVD watching as we couldn't get even one station just on antenna.  

I happen to look at the Who's Visiting widget I just put on here and there is a reader from Singapore!  This actually doesn't surprise me in a way.  When I wrote my blog for the 10 years I was a fulltime RV'er I had readers worldwide, even from Russia and China!  I have no idea how they found me but they stuck with me a long time.


So this was Day 3 of our adventure.  Tomorrow we move!



No comments:

Post a Comment