Monday, September 25, 2023

 UTAH - DAY 5 - 9.25.23

Day five of this wonderfully relaxing vacation. We went over to the Best Western and paid two more days.  Another $90.94 

After a leisurely morning we packed up Abby and took off for a 12 minute drive to Zion National Park.


Let me give you fair warning now.....there are a ton of scenery pictures in this post.  If you can't handle looking at the most beautiful scenery that Zion NP has to offer, then this post isn't for you.

When we got up to the ranger taking entrance fees, I inquired about a National Park pass.  The fellow asked for my ID and said it would be $80.00.  I handed over the cash and he said, we don't take cash, so I handed over my debit card and he handed me an America the Beautiful card.  Wait!  I already have this card, we both do.  He promptly refunded my $80.00 and we were on our way.

Get ready for some major scenery pictures!


There were many places to pull over and we did whenever there was space.  I took a lot of pictures of other people and they, in turn, took ours.


We were able to take Abby with us and I think she was a bit confused at why we stopped and got out and then back in after a few minutes.




It's hard to believe this is just solid rock!




We stood there in total awe of what God has given us to enjoy.

I asked this Japanese man if he wanted me to take his picture with this magnificent backdrop and he readily agreed to my suggestion.  It was mostly hand gestures but he got what where I was going with me pointing to him and his camera.  He was alone so there was no one there to do it for him.  Of course he then pointed to us and the camera we readily accepted his offer in return.  He had us move 2 times so he could get 2 different backgrounds.



The road through Zion is twisty and turn-y and I love it this way because there is a surprise around every turn.  The colors change so quickly.




We followed the road to the end and another gate.  We left the park and were driving a ways when I thought it best to put into the GPS on how to get back to our rig.  WELL!  It let us know is no uncertain terms that we needed to turn around go the way we came or we would be taking one long ride!  Of course going back the way we came gave us a whole new perspective on the park.  I like seeing where I came from.  Naturally, this means more scenery pictures for you!


There is quite the busy town on the outside of this side of the park.  Hotels/motels galore, restaurants of every kind, rooms for rent, tents for rent and even covered wagons.




I would love to be at sunset and watch the setting sun play its magic on these stone mountains.




I wonder how many years it took for all those lines to be etched in the rock?


My last two shots from inside Zion National Park.  What a great time we had seeing the beauty and magnificence of this park.



When we got home our major focus was on where we going to watch our Eagles play on Monday Night Football.  I saw a TV screen in the golf pro shop at the Best Western so I called over there to see if we could watch the game.  We got an answer we were looking for when the guy said, "Sure, c'mon over.

Somehow time got away from us and we had no time for dinner before the game started.  Walt had had breakfast if you count a bowl of Cheerio's and I hadn't eaten anything yet today.  While waiting for the game to come on I happen to take a walk through the gift shop in the motel and noticed that a lot of the tees and jackets advertised the motel's restaurant and that their claim to fame was homemade pies.  Needless to say I was hungry so I went to check that out.  I looked all through the display case of pies and noticed how good the apple pie looked.  During the second quarter I scored two pieces for us and oh my, they were good!  Another $12.53 out of the pocket. Oh, and another $12.56 for a 12 pack of Coors Light.  We're averaging about $120 a day so far between campground fees, gas and other little incidentals.  I'll be glad when we get to the part of the trip where we stay at Elks Lodges, its a lot less expensive.  Of course that is coming from the Queen of Cheap!

Our Eagles won!  We're 3-0!

Another adventure tomorrow!



,

No comments:

Post a Comment