Thursday, September 5, 2019

THURSDAY 9.5.19 TEXAS

We were glad to get out of the Road Runner RV Park!

The road was long and boring today. So boring that I was sort of hallucinating. Let me explain. In the first two pictures notice a light colored section of the road all the way to the right. Then there is a strip of darker material. Well, as I sort of "zoned out" as we drove " I " saw a sidewalk and thought to myself, "Well, how stupid was this! Who is going to walk I-10 that needs to have a sidewalk put in." I was just ready to say something out loud when I focused and saw what was actually there. 


Oh no, it doesn't stop there. Again, just staring off into space I took notice of how many crosses were in place a good ways off the road and sticking up out of a ravine of sorts.. I thought to myself, "Wow, somebody really loves God to erect all these crosses". Yep, you guessed it, telephone poles! After the incident I sat up straighter and got my book out. It was getting scary.

Boss was very good today and slept most of the way. Now that is a good thing when we're on the road but man o man is he ready to play when we stop and then we're tired!



We made it to San Antonio with only one wrong turn. Yep, it was my fault.
We are staying in a Sun Resorts park called Travelers World, I read the reviews and prayed that they were truthful. They were! This is a nice park just three miles from the River Walk and The Alamo.


The young lady in the office was very helpful and explained the public bus system as it seems that is the best way to get around and it is so reasonably priced that we would be foolish not to use it.

We spent the evening in the pool after a tomato sandwich dinner.

Tomorrow, The Alamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment