Wednesday, September 4, 2019

WEDNESDAY 9.4.19 New Mexico / Texas

We were up early this morning but not the usual 5:30 that we are up.  It was close to 8 o'clock before we got to the office to pay for last night and get on the road.

I went into the office to settle our bill and the same young lady couldn't get the the credit card machine to work....still.  She looked at me and asked if I had cash.  I did!  A whole $2.30.  I had spent what cash I had on me yesterday at different stops we made.  She apologized to ME and said that she was sorry but she couldn't complete the transaction and that we should consider it a good way to start our trip.  The first night of free camping.  I thought she was joking but she assured me that she was serious.  I'll take a gift like that any day of the week.

Boss is a very good traveler!  We bought a baby crib mattress to put in the back seat and he loves it!  Usually within 10 minutes of being on the road he is sound asleep.



We saw the iron sculpture by artist Brian Norwood.   It represents a Comanche buffalo hunting party.



Traffic was a little heavier today as was the wind we drove into all day long.  Need I tell you how bad our miles per gallon was?  I didn't offer to drive today, nor was I asked.

If we saw a hundred dust devils today we saw a thousand!  Everywhere we looked at the barren land was dust swirling way up into the sky and they lasted a long time.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet!  We are Passport America members which gives us 50% off the usual campground or RV park fees.  Being the Queen of Cheap that I am, I'm all over 50% off deals.  

So we get into the Road Runner RV Park in Fort Stockton, Texas today and according to the Internet we are staying in a really nice resort.  NOT!  What a dump!  We had to have them roto-rooter the sewer so that we could hook up.   What little bit of grass there was in between the RV sites hadn't seen a lawn mower in a long time.  Of course it was the only grass or anything that resembled something green so they left it alone I guess.

Once we got everything hooked up and other things done we gladly went inside because this place is just dismal.




San Antonio tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment