Saturday, October 12, 2019

SATURDAY 10.12.19 MASSACHUSETTS

#%$@&(&^ Massachusetts!

First things first, We extended our stay here! Two more days so that we have plenty of time to do and see.


That said,,,,,,  The visit to this state is not going as planned. At all.

We got on the road to Salem and we were just sailing along at a steady 59 mph up I-95. It isn't raining, the wind isn't as bad as expected and we brought jackets along if we felt we needed them. And umbrella's. We brought umbrellas. You know, just in case.

We're moving right along, we're singin' with the radio, all is right with our world.

And then.

And then up ahead it we saw it. Hundreds and hundreds of tail lights. And they weren't moving. Gridlock. We could see the on ramp traffic stopped and overpass traffic stopped. This isn't good I thought to myself. Actually, I didn't really think that but it sounded better than typing out what I was really saying to myself!

I looked at the GPS and sure enough that dreaded red line was there. The deepest red I've ever seen on this GPS. We decided to stay with it and see what happens. It wasn't too long and we started moving. Slow, but moving. At one point it seemed like half the people got off at the same exit. We're speeding up I-95 like greased lightning now. Well, 40 mph.

We make it into Salem and following signs for the Welcome Center. and we realize, there is NO WHERE to park. Every single lot had a full sign. Now what? We're practically back into gridlock again and some driver's have no problem cutting in front of you whether you like it or not.

Then the rain started. Not hard, not even a steady drizzle. That real fine, mist like rain.

We give up. We can take a hint. We aren't meant to see Salem or Boston. I am incredibly disappointed but it is what it is. We're leaving tomorrow morning.

And then I remembered we had extended our stay, Two more nights. $52 worth of extended days. This Queen of Cheap is not a happy camper. I may, or may not have, called the office, told a fib and gotten our $52 refunded.
Massachusetts, we're outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment